Skip to main content

Caring for the planet; starts from ground

                                                                                                  Written By :Samikshya Acharya
                                                                                                             Ratnanagar 05,Chitwan
                                                                                                            frenz.samiksha@gmail.com
Dialogue Writing
“Caring for the planet; starts from ground”
Characters:
Priya: 30 year woman  ,housewife
Basu : Priya’s husband , socializer
Marji: a land owner, vegetable farmer
(The 1st part of dialogue takes place in the Priya’s house and 2nd part of dialogue takes part in Marji’s farm.)

Scene I
(Its 7’oclock in morning, Basu’s wife cleaning the house and Basu making the breakfast)
Priya : It’s been too late ,have a lot of things to do (cleaning the floor).
Basu : Oh! dear ,it is Saturday today .Let’s not worry, it is holiday .
Priya : Yep !dear (trying to burn the waste).
Basu: ( giving a look) Priya, what are you doing? You’re going to burn these stuff (plastic waste)                                                                            on the ground?
Priya :(confused) Well ,what the use of these stuff?
Basu: Burning of plastic waste is not a solution. It would only cause dangerous emission.
Priya: Dangerous emission? What do you mean?
Basu: I mean when plastic wastages are burn , harmful quantities of dioxin  are emitted.
Priya: I could not understand about these dioxin(confused).What are you saying?
Basu: Dioxin are the toxic chemical which are carcinogenic and hormone disruptor .After you     burn those waste stuff ,dioxin settle on soil surface ,ground ,crops ,waterways and eventually wind up in food & accumulate in our bodies.
Priya :(nervously) I was unaware of these effects .This is main leading cause to sterility and cancerous effect.
Basu: Burning of waste outside the house ,to the soil surface or in vegetable garden also lead to destruction of beneficial microorganism. Animals grazing these forage , consisting dioxin also lead to sterility and many disease
Priya: I was wrong these days , welcoming our death.
Basu :Be careful from today onward. You are leading a step forward caring a planet i.e. caring the ground or soil.
[bringing 2 cup of tea]
Priya: Let’s have breakfast and bring some vegetables from those farm nearby(need to cook food).
Basu: Ok
Scene II
[Basu after having a cup of tea, set out to bring vegetables. He went to vegetable farmer Marji, who cultivates several plot of field with vegetables]
(There came vegetable owner ,Marji)
Marji; Sir, How could I help you?
Basu: Some vegetable please.(2kg of cauliflower and 1 kg of tomatoes)
Marji : (moving towards vegetable farm)I will get it to you fresh one from farm.
Basu: Are you growing these vegetables organic(looking to cauliflower plot).
Marji: No sir, How could we wait those borer and caterpillar to destroy our crop? We rely our livelihood on these crops.
Basu: I understand but would you compromise to reduce short term effect of those insect and introduce those long term effect of pesticides?
Marji: Long term effect? What do you want to conceptualize?
Basu: Do you know, pesticides use lead to poor root hair development, shoot yellowing, & reduce plant growth .It may also be lethal to non target pest resident on ground surface.
Marji: What the use of non target pest ?I don’t care killing caterpillar in my field.
Basu: Sir, How could we be so selfish, that we are unaware about positive effect of useful microorganism .Pesticide effect may reduce growth and reproduction of beneficial bacteria, fungi, earthworms.
Marji :How could I be such devil?
Basu: Being unknown is not being devil .But once you are aware , you must ensure to overcome your mistake .Do you know, pesticides might be air borne ,soil borne get into soil, & persist longer time in soil .The chemical properties of pesticide degrade the environmental qualities.
Marji:(feeling sorry) These days I have been degrading my nature, my home, my planet.
Basu: Pesticides in ground , causing ecotoxicology killing microorganism , disturbing whole ecosystem .Not only terrestrial living system are affected, also aquatic system also get disbalance as hydrology system is linked to terrestrial system(land).
Marji: Thank you sir for letting me know , effect of pesticides to soil quality and biodiversity of soil. Sir, Would you not mind providing more information to overcome these effect & thoroughly I would neutralize my income?
Basu: Sure ,I would be happy to share all the information I know about. Why would not increase the use of organic matter in soil for higher water retention ,and also these organic matter bind to soil and helps to break down pesticides?
Marji: Of course, I would be happy to use.
Basu: You might use IPM approach for economic control of pests at economic injury level. After all, soil structure, soil PH ,soil quality is a must for quantity income of crops.
Marji: Sir, IPM does it mean Integrated Pest Management.
Basu: Yes, IPM(Integrated Pest Management)using several mechanical(barriers ,handpicking, traps),biological (fungi ,nematode ,virus)and cultural practices(pruning, removing disease plant) with regular monitoring following strict quarantine technique to protect soil health and enhance soil quality.
Marji: I got a lot of things to know(smiling).
Basu: Beside this, Why not you follow conservation tillage and crop rotation?
Marji: Considering soil nutrient & soil fertility of my vegetable field I might follow legume crop rotation, & conservation tillage ensuring root growth , soil organic nutrients(N2 fixing)
Basu: I am glad. You are intelligent people living in this planet , taking a step of caring the ground where we live.
Marji: I apologies for my wrong practice in vegetable farming.
Basu: I could assure you , you might have a happy income after all caring the soil, caring the planet & caring the ecosystem.
Marji: Of course Sir , we should take a step caring the ground which might ultimately care the planet we live, care the living beings reside here.
Basu: Care for planet: starts from ground.  Living healthy and happy
Marji: Nice to meet you sir .I’m glad to know a lot of information . I will spread the information to other farmer that I got to learn from you.
Basu: Nice to meet you too.
(Oh shit! I am late , my wife must be waiting for vegetables as she asked me to bring vegetables)
Marji: What would you do about vegetables? Should I bring or not?
Basu: No thank you, We must wait till the waiting period of pesticides to consume those vegetables.
Marji: Ok then.

Basu: Ok Have a great day.(rushing towards home).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SISTER

                      SISTER              Sister,you are the beat of the heart                 relation by blood , friend to default               A life of a sweet connection                love , care , sorrow and emotion                You are the one , younger by birth         but highly you resemble elder by thought         Making everyone glow with a giggle        possessing a fortitude to endure the obstacles             Remembering those previous time              where you used to walk up by my side             Imitating me and an hour of conversation ...

ए झरी !!

                # ए   # झरी  !!!!! सायद तिमी भित्र नि पिडाका, अनगिन्ती स्वरुप होलान् , र पो तिमी बर्सिन्छौ यसरी  कहिले बतासको सहारा लिएर, कहिले आफ्नो पनको आभाष गरेर । हुरि र बताससंगै जब गर्जिन्छौ तिमी मेरो मन तर्सिन्छ भकानिन्छ , लाग्छ तिमी पक्कै सहनै नसक्ने चिच्याहट लिएर गर्जेको छौ । साँच्चै कति फरक छ तिमी र ममा , आवाज स्वरुप धोनि गुन्जिए पनि , न चिच्याहटले दुख पोख्न सक्छु , न तिमी जसरी गर्जिन र बर्सिन । पागल सरि तिमी बर्सेपनि , कति शान्त र कोमल देखिन्छौ, र म जस्तो जिन्दगीको बेग मा हराइरहेका लाई तिम्रो त्यो एक छाल ले शान्त गराइदिन्छौ , खुशी को बहाना खोजिदिन्छौ । टाढै भएनि तिमी , आँखा बाट निस्केका तिम्रा ती रोदन ले, सम्पुर्णमा खुसी को आभाष गराइदिन्छौ , चिच्याहट र थकानको बीचमा , विश्राम को आभाष दिलाइदिन्छौ । म तिमी जस्तै गर्जिन चाहन्छु थर्किन चाहन्छु, आफ्नो नानी को रोदन ले सम्पुर्ण को हृदयमा खुसीको मेल साट्न चाहन्छु , हिड्दा हिंड्दैगरेको भाग दौड मा एक विश्राम लिएर हास्न चाहन्छु।।

Beat Plastic Pollution ( Shun up the plastic, Evince the healthy environment)

  Shun up the plastic, Evince the healthy environment   Twenty first era of global development lead me to prop calm at a state and ponder nature been a mysterious existence, nearby and yet far distant. Many of notable times of ethic classes, learning about nature how beautiful nature is and how human beings have a deep connection with it. But it seems futile these days. My dear mother nature, being devastated by owns child motion. How pitiful the situation is to say, where the heart of mother is crying?       Adding to my story, once I had a journey to heaven’s beauty Mustang, Nepal. My friends were busy taking the beauty scenery shot. While I at the corner was perceiving the dumping site of huge piles of plastic waste. I was capturing it. It is because our main problem is ignorance, we see it but we make it unseen. How pitiful situation is, beside the natural beauty been shaded with our activities? Not only Mustang most of all natural an...